Portland, Oregon

Portland, Oregon

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Life Happens

A lot of life has been happening to me over the last few months. It appears my sanity may be returning so I need to explain.

Bob died in February. Life before and after his death continue to consume my thinking.

I'm going to do a few short posts in order to pass on some things I learned that I hope will be helpful when you come to this time in life.  No matter how well you think you've planned, you haven't.

I'd been thinking about the possibility of Bob's death since the nineties when he suffered a heart attack. His death was like the many times I took him to the ER. I learned something every time, and thought I would be better prepared for the next ER visit. That never happened, each time was unique.

You don't get a do over when you're dealing with death. Some things are basic but can be handled in a variety of ways. I'll share some of the choices we made and why. Society, and our situation, had changed a lot since the nineties causing some changes to earlier decisions.

His death was expected, only the moment was a surprise.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my! I went through that with my Fred.
    Just another, ordinary ER visit, like so many of the others, but this time, I didn't get to bring him home with me.
    I have missed reading your posts--now I know why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I look forward to what you have to share with us. I have always been impressed with your wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see you posting again. You write an interesting blog. My sympathy to you in the loss of Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Linda, I am so sorry to hear of what you are going through. I appreciate the time you are taking to share with all of us parts of your journey. I look forward to reading your posts. Take good care. Sending hugs from the east coast along to you ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your willingness to share the insights you’ve gained...the hard way. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sincere condolences on your loss, Linda.
    Life never does give us exactly what we expect. I, too, look forward to your thoughts. From my vantage point you showed incredible strength but maybe it didn't always feel that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your experience and wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear this. I've been wondering what happened to you. I always enjoyed your stories and now I know why you haven't been posting. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so very sorry to hear about Bob. I was worried when you quit blogging but hoped all was OK. Hope you do get back on the keyboard again--you have been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It’s so good to see you blogging again, Linda! You have much to share......and I think this will be good for you and good for all of us, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm just stopping by from Judy's blog. I'm so sorry for your loss. While expected, it's never easy.

    ReplyDelete