Portland, Oregon

Portland, Oregon

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Here I Sit

It's a rainy Sunday afternoon. I'm quite sure Sunday is the longest day of the week.

Fall has arrived, leaves cover the ground. Fall is my favorite season and I enjoy seeing piles of fallen leaves. I do not enjoy sidewalks covered in wet leaves. I took a walk in the rain this afternoon and enjoyed it but I was not relaxed. I have a new walking stick, not a cane, a stick. I was very glad to have it as I find wet leaves a safety hazard.
_______________

I had cataract surgery two years ago and have been extremely pleased with the results. I am very close to not needing glasses but not quite there. At first I was thrilled to be free of wearing trifocals. It was fun for a while to use the little reader glasses. They are inexpensive and come in a large assortment of frames.

The fun is over now. I'm longing for trifocals again. I'm tired of chasing glasses, and having glasses perched on my nose only to find another pair pushed up into my hair. I need a little correction for reading. I can do the computer without glasses but a tiny bit makes it easier but not the strength of reading glasses. I can see most things on the TV (not a big screen) but sometimes not everything.

Next week I'm calling for an eye exam with hopes of going back to trifocals (with lines). For many years glasses were the first thing I put on in the morning and the last thing I took off at night. I miss that. Does that make me a creature of habit? Am I hanging on to my past?
________________

In thinking about the election there are a few faces beside Donald Trump's I would be pleased to see no more in media.

Republican faces would be Rudy Giuliani, Newt Gingrich, and Reince Prebius, to name only three.
Democrat faces would be Debbie Wasserman Shultz, Terry McAuliffe, and Lanny Davis.

Are there political faces you would like to see no more in media?

18 comments:

  1. Rudy and Prebius is on my list of Republicans I never want to see again, and of course, Trump. Some of his female surrogates are terrible! I hardly ever see Democrats Terry or Lanny on TV, had to google them just to see who they are. The whole thing is getting scary...the hate that comes out of Trump.

    I like my trifocals, too, and mine have the lines, not blended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to be fair. At this point it's easier to name Trump people than Hillary people. She's actually done much better with her campaign this time. I don't think I could have taken another round of Mark Penn heading up her campaign. In my opinion he is pure sleeze.

      Delete
  2. I'd miss the trifocals even though they're a nuisance sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All glasses are a nuisance at times but aren't we thankful to have them?

      Delete
  3. I'd be extremely happy to never again see the faces of Trump and Maine's governor LePage. Oh, and Giuliani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maine's governor! Add him to my list, too, and that sheriff from AZ...can't think of his name.

      Delete
    2. I think you're referring to Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona. How about we add Sheriff David A. Clarke, Jr who wants Hillary shot by firing squad?

      Delete
  4. Chris Christie and Rudy Giuliani are two I would not miss. I don't know what happened to Rudy. He seems to have had quite a personality change over the years. He used to be fairly rationale.

    I'll be glad when Trump goes back to his tower and entertainment business. This election has revealed things about him that are very unsavory. Did you see the SNL clip of the town hall debate, with Alec Baldwin playing Trump? Hilarious! The women playing Hillary did a great job too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm counting on the justice system to make it extremely difficult for Christi to run again in another election. Another one that went over the cliff this time was Mike Huckabee. I rather enjoyed him in 2008 but he's a real loony tune this go round. Jerry Falwell, Jr and his kind need to also disappear from media.

      Delete
  5. How about all of them. I record shows--including news- so I can fast forward through the commercials. Now I fast forward past anything political,road rage,child abuse and hate crime. I am up to my ear holes with mean, crass and cruel. Where is Norman Rockwell when you need him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When this election is over I fear we will have to deal with a lot of very ugly stuff. I expect the next four years to be extremely ugly. Both parties have major work to be done.

      Delete
  6. I never remember names, but the long haired blonde woman who is Trump's campaign manager would be at the top on my list!
    I have never heard of someone missing wearing glasses before. You are weird, aren't you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that would be Kellyanne Conway. Yes, I am weird, always have been. Texans thought I was weird, people in PNW, not so much. :-)

      Delete
  7. I never adjusted to trifocals. the center line was just too thin for me, and I was always tilting my head to find the right spot. Hope you get this worked out soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never adjusted to wearing bifocals. Will see if I need enough correction to need trifocals.

      Delete
  8. I had my cataract surgery about a year and a half ago, and what a blessing that was. I had lens implants, so I don't need glasses now, but I have a couple of friends who did still require glasses, and one has gone back to her trifocals. However it gets worked out, I'm just glad for both our sakes that vision improvement is possible these days. I can drive at night now, and I've discovered on this trip that even driving in fog isn't so scary. I hope you get the perfect solution worked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very close to being able to function without glasses. Eye doctor may decide I just need to buck up and deal with it. Mostly I'm tired of chasing the little half glasses.

      Delete
  9. You made me laugh about the glasses. I am so addicted to wearing my glasses that I can't HEAR without them. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete