Portland, Oregon

Portland, Oregon

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Journals and Lists

I find myself drooling over the beautiful journals in stores today. Oh how I wish I journaled, but I don't. I've tried many times but it never seems to work for me. Linda at Linda's Life Journal is what I call a super journalist. Her blog is a journal but she also keeps a paper journal and has for years. What a treasure she will be leaving her children.

Remember the ringed organizers that we bought refills for according to our needs? Now I was the queen of those. My daughter has always teased me that when I'm old and in a home she will come by every morning, remove the pages from my organizer, and throw them in the air. Then she'll scoop them up and leave me happy as can be with the task before me to organize again all those pages. That would probably work for me because I did love playing with organizers.

With my simple life these days a list and a calendar gets the job done. My calendar is almost empty. Do you use an academic calendar? I much prefer those to the regular calendars. Perhaps because I used one for seventeen years working in the academic world. Before Bob died my calendar was full, and poof, all that went away.

Since I tend to be scattered, and have the attention span of a flea in a hot skillet, I do better with some structure, and a list is just the thing. It isn't I don't know what I need to be doing, the tasks just seem to whirl in my head without a list to organize them.

To be honest, my list is never very long, and probably takes no more than an hour or so to complete, but I feel better with a list. Last week I timed how long it took me to run the vacuum, ten minutes. Yes I pad the list with things like 'make bed.'

Recently every day was Sunday when I opened my eyes in the morning. It finally came to me that I kept up with the days of the week by Bob's medical appointments. Without them I was lost. I fixed that. At the top of my list now I write the day of the week.

Are any of these things a part of your daily life?
________________________

There were spots on my carpet that really bothered me. Bob was hard on carpet. Remember he poured bleach in places trying to remove spots! Those places are there to stay. I just try to view them as love notes from Bob. I can't do that with spots of dirt. Neither can I get on my hands and knees anymore, nor scrub with the arm where I've had shoulder therapy. 

I thought if I had a long handled scrub brush I'd be set. I found this Woolite set on Amazon and ordered it. I don't care about anything but the brush but it seems to work well. I don't want to do a full rug shampoo because I'm undecided how long I'm going to stay here. This seems to do the trick for spots. When I see a new spot or an old sport returning it will be quick and easy to give it another squirt and brush.

14 comments:

  1. Dang! There's my problem ...no list. I'm a random chaotic person. sometimes I get into trouble but most of the time at the end of the day things are done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are any good at mixing colors or want to experiment, you can fix those bleach spots with a bit of paint from a crafts store and a small paint brush. Start light and watercolor thin and work your way up in hue until you get what works to blend it in. pick a tube or jar that is close and a white to lighten it and go from there.

    I live my my day planner and it has both monthly calendars and daily pages plus places on daily pages for lists. I do the jobs lists, too, where I List things like make the bed, unload the dish washer. I love crossing things off.

    You're never too old to start a journal but I think those fancy books are intimidating to many people. Better to write on a computer and copy over to the fancy books after you've edited to your heart's desire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to be there to visit in September! I could do this for you! Paint the carpet, I mean.....

      Delete
    2. Good idea. I’m lousy blending colors.

      Delete
  3. Every morning, when we wake up, we say the day of the week and the date, outloud, just to help us remember. Sometimes, during the day I will chant the day of the week so as to remember what I am doing this day and the next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a flip chart with the days of the week.
    It hands on my bedroom closet door, I flip it to the next day when I go to bed.
    I've journaled since the mid-70's. I like to look back, when the teen agers were driving me nuts. I find now that I only journal once or twice a week--my life now is so no-nothing, that about all I keep track of is the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a planner and can't imagine not having one. Sometimes - after I have accomplished a project or task - IF it was not already on my planner - I add it so I have the satisfaction of crossing it off!
    Thank you for the shout out! Judy visited me from here and I think she and I will hit it right off. Going home in the dead of night......and after the 28th, I am turning all my attention to the cruise and our road trip home by way of Hillsboro! My friend in Rockaway Beach said she is about 2 hours from your place. Would you like to take a road trip??? We will bring you back!! This could be FUN!!! Think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make a list when I’m preaparing what to take on a trip and route/plans; occasionally for other things. But I’ve never liked written lists (except when I tried to enlist the family to keep one grocery list if they saw we were low on something, used the last one, wanted something new). I like to challenge my memory to remember. I have long kept an overall monthly organizer calendar for appointments, plus some years with my work a daily/hourly schedule. I think I write down more than I used to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a dedicated list and calendar person. And I really always though I was the queen of the three ring binder. Maybe the eastern queen?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel my blog is my journal. Works for me. My lists are put on post it notes so you know they aren't long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We still have a few carpet spots upstairs from Josy Cat barf, and even though I have cleaned them, they came back. Josy has been gone for over a year and a half, but she lingers in her spots.
    I am a list maker too. I keep a weekly planning calendar on my kitchen counter where lists are written and events are noted. I keep a phone calendar too, but that written one is the master of all.
    Oh, and the first thing I do when I wake in the morning is figure out what day of the week it is. Sort of a brain exercise. Of course I seldom know the actual date.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm the queen of to do lists, journals and calendars. I tick tick. Write Write.

    I am enchanted with your little table. I'm a fan of the useful and the beautiful or the plain eccentric.

    I'd have hardwood everywhere I could including kitchen and bathroom but alas.....

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  11. joico titanium - TITanium Art - TITaniumArt
    Products: joico titanium - TITanium Art. TITanium Art is titanium frame glasses the titanium scrap price original art piece. 1xbet 먹튀 View the original titanium (iv) oxide design on the TITanium Art web titanium fat bike site.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello everyone on here, I want to share with you all a great testimony on how I was cured by Dr Jekawo, who cured so many diseases.
    I was suffering from herpes and diabetes also my little sister was a victim of blood cancer too but with the help of Dr Jekawo we are all fine, well with his natural remedies that he prepare then send to us through dhl courier he then instruct us on how to drink the herbal medicines which we did and today we are completely well, we have being living free for 2 years now and it's seems like a God sent when I met him online by a lady giving testimony online like I'm doing right now.also I have introduce Dr Jekawo to several colleagues from works suffering from different kind of diseases and Dr Jekawo has healed all of them with his herbal knowledge. he's a great man with ancestral power to cure people with herpes,cancer,diabetes,hepatitis,hpv,lupus,als,hiv/aids, also spiritual consultation he's available for that as well.
    I email him on: drjekawo@gmail.com because that's the only source to get to him as he lives far from the United state,I told him that I will be giving testimony on his behalf because he's a good man with a Godly heart.

    ReplyDelete