Portland, Oregon

Portland, Oregon

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Flowers For The Soul


Isn't this a wonderful arrangement? I wish I could say it was mine, or even that I was the person who created it, but that honor goes to Linda Reeder. Imagine opening the door of your home to a garden with enough flowers in bloom you could step outside and cut enough to make this arrangement. Of course Linda and Tom work hard in that garden but you can see the fruits of their labor here.


See that flower petal on the book? Bob never wanted me to have fresh flowers in the house because they sometimes dropped petals and that bothered him. After he died I went nuts having flowers.

Unfortunately I have to buy mine. I can only imagine how nice it would be to look at an arrangement and know every flower came from your own flower garden.

These I got for $4 because this bunch had 11 roses instead of 12. Did you know there's a date on the sticker on every bunch of flowers? That date tells you when they will remove those flowers from the sales floor. Look for the most distant date and you'll have flowers that should last the longest.


I like tulips but I do not like their lethargic stems. To prevent that I put them in a tall slender vase so they're forced to stand tall.

So goes my new life of having fresh flowers for my soul.

9 comments:

  1. When I saw your comment pop up on my email, I had to come right over to read your post.Thanks for the recognition! and It does my soul good to know that you are now enjoying fresh flowers! I buy mine too in the winter time. They are a must have in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having fresh flowers in the house, and often buy them with my groceries. I did not know they had dates on them! I just wish store-bought flowers had more scent to them, like the few varieties I can cut in my yard. It's hard to believe someone would be bothered by petals falling but a vase of water on top pf a book? Now that's an accident waiting to ruin a book. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I buy flowers at Whole Foods as they are often on sale at the end of their shelf life. The garden dept lady is very kind to me and often brings out flowers just for a need I might have--like a funeral luncheon that needs 15 bud vases worth of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love having flowers in the house. Every year, for the 7 years we were together, Fred bought me a Lily plant for Sweetest Day. As it died back, I planted it in my perennial garden. They are starting to bloom and I so love to look out my windows and see them.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Flowers are good for our souls, I think. I like making arrangments and often use greenery from shrubs and such for filler.
    Seldom do I have enough 'pretty' flowers for a whole bouquet so I make little ones of mint and rosemary with a few flowers in the middle.
    I did not know about the dates on the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very important time to be feeding your soul. I am often in awe of the Reeder gardens and the effort that goes into maintaining them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely flowers! Glad you can enjoy having them in the house now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Imagine opening the door of your home to a garden with enough flowers in bloom you could step outside and cut enough to make this arrangement proflowers coupons codes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. I wanted to thank you for this websites! Thanks for sharing. Great websites! hemp flowers for sale

    ReplyDelete