Portland, Oregon

Portland, Oregon

Monday, October 16, 2017

I Spoke Too Soon

A few days ago I posted about taking Bob to the ophthalmologist. After visiting with him I felt I could go forth with confidence, wrong. I spoke too soon.

Soon after that visit Bob mangled another pair of his prescription glasses. Three times he's done this. I know he sat on them one time but don't know what happened the other times. Everytime this happens I have to take him and the glasses back where we got them and ask them to repair and realign them.

I decided I would fix that so I got a cord for his glasses. Surely that would keep his glasses safe. Nope, like glasses, you have to wear it for it to be successful. That idea was a fail.


When I had my cataract surgery the doctor told me if I didn't want prescription glasses to get 2.50 strength reading glasses and I would be fine. This morning I went to Dollar Tree and bought five pair of reading glasses for a total of $5.


Go ahead Bob, lose and mangle those prescription glasses all you want, I can get more where these came from. This is it for you.
____________________________________________________________

HELP
I am commenting on blogs, I really am, but when I press publish the comment goes away, never to be seen again, perhaps eaten by Blogger?  Anyone else having this problem? Know a solution?

9 comments:

  1. Using OTC reading glasses are ordinarily fine if both eyes the same, but usually if eyes different prescription glasses are needed I was told. Hope these inexpensive glasses you have work well enough as constantly needing prescription glasses could be enough to break the bank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope these cheap glasses work! It would be a great fix for a big problem.
    I am not having this blogger issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louis Dean and I both use $ Store Reafing Glasses! So affordable and so convenient! Only way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So happy you found a solution. I discovered Jim had a whole drawerful of old glasses that I can recycle through when he loses or breaks a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The whole idea of those reading glasses amuses me. I see couples handing glasses back and forth in restaurants. When Mike was in the hospital he asked the nurse if he could borrow her glasses to read the menu and she handed them right over. I can't see a thing out of readers and anyone who puts on my glasses has an immediate attack of vertigo.
    Bob certainly keeps you on your toes and you seem able to meet a new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use those $store readers all the time. Different strengths for computer, reading and TV then prescription for dress up. Eyeglass caddies in each location keep them all handy. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Bob knows how blessed he is to have you! Louis Dean knows all about readers and his prescription strength and all......and yet he went to Walgreens and bout ONE PAIR for $35! Grrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice post really ! I apperciate your blog Thanks for sharing,keep sharing more blogs.

    หนังบู๊

    ReplyDelete